Bipolar Disorder Treatment Options Near Kansas City
Bipolar disorder is a mental condition in which a person has wide or extreme mood swings. In most people with bipolar disorder, there is no clear cause for the periods of extreme happiness and high activity, or depression and low activity.
The following may trigger a manic episode in someone with bipolar disorder:
- Periods of not being able to sleep (insomnia)
- Medicines such as antidepressants or steroids
- Drug or alcohol use
Why Consider Treatment at Cottonwood Springs
The Cottonwood Springs multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, therapists and clinicians work together to thoroughly assess each patient and ensure they receive a customized plan of care.
Treatment for Bipolar Disorder Can Include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MCBT)
- Solution-focused therapy
- Trauma-focused therapy groups
- Holistic therapies: yoga therapy, art therapy, music therapy, pet therapy, recreation therapy
- Educational programs: mindfulness training, fitness & wellness education, nutrition education
See therapies and services.
Levels of Care for Bipolar Disorder